Sunday, September 6, 2009

please talk me out of getting another dog. I need that right now.

Because looking at these pictures reminds me how happy Buster was with a friend.



They played this game of keep away all afternoon.




























This angle makes it appear as if Buster were the victor here. Rest assured it's just the angle. In fact, if Buster ever did happen to retrieve the rope, he would just give it back to Diamond with a look that said, "Play again?" He was in Heaven.








This clearly isn't canine, but check out this itty bitty baby horny toad we found. It was so dang cute Jake seriously had to talk me out of taking it home. Seriously. There was a reason we had 8 reptiles at one point.
And I wish I could say it was the kids. I really do.










Which are Diamond's back legs and which are the front? If you go cross-eyed and squint you can almost make it out.




Buster=focus.





Here is a lovely, serene lake picture.












Got something on your mouth, Buster.












Isn't she beautiful?




And this is what it's like to be exhausted.



And this is why I keep thinking another dog might actually be a good idea. I have to tell you, it's a bit of a stab at my ego when I take Buster running and when he gets hom he still wants to play fetch. I can't wear this dog out. And to have him this tired and happy for that day was total bliss for me. It makes me happy to know he's happy. Especially because devoting half my day to fetch is sort of out of the question.


Because I'm really tired when I get home from running.


5 comments:

Amy Hummel said...

Remember that my dog (also a black lab who loves to fetch) will be Busters next door neighbor within the week. Buster is more than welcome to come over and play!

Chrystal said...

What a cute horny toad!

WOW - He really does look happy! I hate to say it - but you don't need another dog, but Buster just might. . .Soo sweet. I felt like I had spent the afternoon with the kids and the dogs and it looked like bliss!

Jamie said...

Didn't you just say that you barely brought home a kitten? Maybe you should wait for a week to see if you still want it next week.

McKinna said...

ahhh best of friends! great pics! Josh had to get our ONE dog a friend 2.... they love eachother. pains in the asses tho.... lol

Angie said...

Wouldn't you have to choose: Jake or another dog? We should have play dates for our dogs and our kids. It's nice to have Amy's dog close for Buster.