Lily's shirt is officially off the needles. It's not blocked yet, so it's still a little "homespun", but aren't they all. Because I adapted it from a long-sleeve pattern, I wish I would have decreased a little more when it was time to make the sleeves. They're still a little on the big side. It would be easy to fix, but I'm going to say it's good enough and just file that away for next time. Unless it really starts to bug me, then I guess I'll fix it. But right now I'm casting on a very special baby blanket for a family member who has waited a long time for her first baby, so I'm really excited to get going on that. It's a lace pattern I've never tried before, so it should be interesting.
OK, you can wake up now. I'm done talking about knitting.



4 comments:
k, that shirt is awesome - good job! knit talk doesn't bore me at all.
Ahhhhh that is so sweet...the baby blanket part. Lily's new top will make everyone jealous. It is so cute!
Did you stripe it yourself? GORGEOUS! I'm working a blanket for the Boy that changes color every few rows. I'm sick of weaving in ends, needless to say. From here on out, I've converted to self-striping yarn!
It looks awesome, and it does have a tie-dye look. I have no idea what striping it even means, but good job striping it or choosing some fine self striping yarn or whatever you did.
Post a Comment