I don't know why I've felt the need to post all of these easter photos, but I will post a few more because I love dyed eggs. I really think they're beautiful in their own imperfect way, and that, friends, is what makes me a nerd.
Aren't they just beautiful? I love seeing how they turn out.
The nerdy girl forms her eggs into a wreath...
I love this one for having stayed in the dye for too long on one side.
I love this one for being my favorite color.
I love this one for the way it reminds me of a sunrise.
I love this one for being out of focus, and for looking like the night sky.
I love how this one has a crack in it that makes it look just like a sun, and that Lily colored it so.
I love that this one looks like Jupiter.
They are all very cool, and I love the way my kids don't plan anything out, they just start dyeing and experimenting until things look right to them. It's awesome the way kids do that. Throw caution to the wind, get their hands dirty and go for it! They don't care if their efforts aren't perfect, they are all about the process and the experimentation. It makes for messy work, but good art always leaves a mess, in my opinion. And so if I die suddenly in a horrible car crash and friends and family are combing through my house and personal belongings, I want you all to remember that I just said that...good art always leaves a mess. Say it again and again. Remember it and say it often as you go through my stuff. "Isn't it tragic...such an artist..."over and out.












2 comments:
That night sky egg wins the coolest egg ever prize from me.
they are so freakin' cute... love 'em on the counter. Wish I could still sit like that & get stuff done!! lol
Post a Comment