Tuesday, April 13, 2010

the relatives came

And we had so much fun doing all the stuff that we forget is right out our backdoor.

We went to the lake mainly to play in the sand because we thought it would be to chilly to swim, but the day was GORGEOUS so the kids stripped and jumped in the lake. I didn't grab my camera until the started rolling around in the sand...

Then we went to Zion and Grafton. This is the attic of the house in Grafton that you can go inside. I had Bill take this picture because he was the only one tall enough to reach up there. Pretty good:). I love old houses. Don't get me started on the 150 year old house in Washington that's for sale right now. Let's just say it calls to me. Someone please buy it so I can stop obsessing over ways I can buy it. This is my plea to the universe.
We took the Golf Carts for a spin...these are out of order, but by now I figure it's a given.

We spent two days at Zion. This was the first day where I was stuck entertaining Buster because he wasn't allowed on the tram and then the boarding place wouldn't take him. It is a long and tragic tale involving a lot of driving around, no cell service, and some past due doggy vaccinations. Needless to say it was just me, Buster, and my camera for a while. Not such a bad deal.



This beautiful girl is Samantha

Lily's new best friend.

Second day at Zion...I got to hike with the gang this day.
This is Alex's new BFF Paxton.
The Witts.
Before they even left we had plans for another get together, including more water, more hiking, more sand, sun, maybe a little golf, and a fair amount of ice cream. With sprinkles.

6 comments:

Megan said...

gorgeous Zion shots, and some great shots of your kiddos and their personalities!

Shelly said...

I'm going to call you and ask you which hikes you went on. You know. So I can figure out some more kid friendly ones to go on. Did you go to the Emerald Pools? I'm ashamed to admit that I've never been on that hike, even though I've been to Zions like a billion times, so I've never really known if it would be good with kids. So I'm going to ask you, via telephone, in the near future.

Chrystal said...

HOW FUN! Gorgeous pics too!! Cousins are the coolest - - so that of course makes kids of your cousins extra cool!

Angie said...

I drive by The House a few times a week and imagine you there.

PJ Evers said...

Absolultely GORGEOUS pictures, Beka! Zion is one of my very favorite places on earth - and I have been to a lot of places on this ol' earth!
Patti
PS - Bryce is equally as beautiful. Put that on your list of places to photograph some day.

McKinna said...

Gosh- I just love all your pics! They are just gorgeous & perfect!!!