Thursday, May 20, 2010

Trying to avoid bedbugs...or bedmice

I usually have Alex make his own bed. However, about once a week after he goes to school I have to go in and change the sheets and really make it. So that at least once a week it's fit to climb into and actually go to sleep. This is how it was after I took off the piles of lumped up blankets.

I thought it was kind of cute that he sleeps surrounded by books, even though I can't IMAGINE how he sleeps this way. Of course, even if I don't make my bed I'm the girl who has to make it before I can get in or else I can't sleep. So to me this is mind-boggling.
What you don't see are the motorcycle, car, plastic spider, and cereal crumbs.
CEREAL CRUMBS!! Even after keep explaining to him that mice LOVE cereal crumbs...and rumpled sheets. None of this seems to get through to him, however. And I can't get too mad because I specifically remember sneaking one of those wrapped up slices of American cheese into my bed when I was probably his age and my dad finding it under my pillow. Sometimes we just like to see what we can get away with.

On another note, I found this awesome encyclopedia set at my favorite place...The DI; for 75 cents a piece. I'm such a sucker for vintage books, clothes, furniture...houses. What can I say?
This is the one he's apparently reading right now.

Not only are the pictures ADORABLE, but the books themselves are so fun for Alex. They're written so that you feel like someone is explaining something in simple terms rather than just stating facts. And the topics are so cool and random. This one is on conservation, rivers, and chemistry. He really enjoys them.


I hope the mice enjoy them as well.

2 comments:

Megan said...

oh my...I know he is already promised to another lady...but he and Hannah are MADE for each other! Seriously! We went though this exact thing with Hannah. And it was even worse because she was on the top bunk and I honestly don't venture up there as often as I probably should. Her bed was filled with encyclopedias...most of which were acquired at the DI, but none of them as cool as those! This is the kind of stuff that makes me happy to hear! Yay for sneaky readers in bed!

Chrystal said...

My kids are surrounded by stuffed animals and I thought that was crazy - but books? Wow - that puts the term 'bookworm' in a whole new light! I liked his current read too, what a fun book! I love it! Good luck on the bedmice war...