So...the kids started school last week. I now have 2 children in school all day, which means that I get a lot more time at home to get caught up on what-nots. Today those what-nots include dishes, laundry, general house cleaning, and BLOGGING! I'm hoping to keep up a little better now that I have more time. I miss it, and I love looking back to see what we've done, so I need to be better about getting it down. Also, I've been cheating on Blogger with another blog service, and I've come crawling back begging for forgiveness. So I'll be getting all those other blogs exported back to this one soon.
So, school.
The kids are having a good year so far. Oh, we've had the occasional whining and begging to play hookey, but for the most part it's been good. They are enjoying their teachers and making new friends.
The one blemish to our start was that Lily (who begged for school lunch) did not realize that I had paid for her lunch already, and thought she needed to pay. So she didn't tell anyone, she just didn't have lunch. Good thing I packed string cheese and carrots the first couple of days because I think that's all she ate the first two days of school. I felt SO BAD!!
But we got it all figured out, and yesterday I went to lunch with her so she could show me how to go through the lunch line.
I was proud of her for making good choices.
We talked about which foods give your body vitamins and which foods keep you full for the rest of the day. While she was eating her cinnamon roll.
And then she and Tess posed for the camera.
Happily we got the lunch situation sorted out. However, I was dismayed at the general poor quality of the main fare. I sampled Lily's taco and it was pretty gross. I guess they have to make it sort of bland for the kids to eat it, but seriously...yuck. I would send the kids with homemade lunches, but they both insist on school lunch. I wonder how much of it is a social thing, but I think I'll have lunch with her more often to try the other stuff. Maybe (hopefully) it was just the tacos that are bad. I was impressed with the salad bar, though, and Lily eats veggies so that's good.
More later.









No comments:
Post a Comment