Thursday, March 5, 2009

life skills

Alex "Mom, what do you write in journals?"

Mom: "Anything you want. You can write down how you're feeling about something, or about what you did today, or your ABCs, or even all the words that start with A."

Alex: " So I can write down how I'm feeling? Or who I want to KILL?"

Mom: "Heavens NO! You wouldn't want to leave behind any evidence."

note: Alex doesn't exactly have anyone specifically in mind to kill, he's just at that age in which he believes all injustices in the world could be righted if someone...anyone, would just let him loose with a gun to chase the bad guys. I should also note that we actively try to discourage this behavior. I feel I should mention this in case a bad guy turns up shot with some air-soft bullets and an incriminating journal entry is found.

3 comments:

McKinna said...

haha! that is hilarious! I LOVE the things kids can say....

Chrystal said...

He is too smart for his own good! Alex, you crack me up!!

Marcie said...

That is pretty dang funny! I cleaned your moms teeth the other day and she said you are doing well. She also said that you found someone to run with a little bit in your neighborhood. Thats so great! Hope to see you around sometime:)