How many times do we say it? I WISH I HAD MY CAMERA!
The other day Grandma bought some kites, and today it was windy enough to fly! And I learned (as did Alex) that he can fly a kite all by himself from lift off to landing. He only got it stuck in a tree once, but thanks to Grandpa and his ladder, that was only a minor set back. I was so proud of him for keeping his cool even when the kite hit the ground, or the dog almost caught it, or...it got stuck in that kite-eating tree.
But mostly he kept that baby in the air. I was surprised by how fast he caught on to the subtle nuances of kite string tension. I even enjoyed a little kite-flying myself. And Buster...well, Buster now knows the sweet, sweet victory of kite retrieval after jumping in the air for 40 minutes.
When we got home he needed a drink.
And the kite is dead. But Grandma bought more.
Thanks for the kites, Grandma!
No comments:
Post a Comment