Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The theme is: stringy things

We've made pasta a few times now, and it's turning into one of my favorite things to make in the kitchen. It is so very easy (3 ingredients, fo shizzle). Besides, as shameful as it is to admit, I've had a pasta attachment for my juicer for 5 years now, and thought it was high time to bust it out. I wanted to get some enticing pictures of fresh pasta oozing out of the pasta maker, but I was already using all three of my hands for catching the pasta, cutting the pasta, and adding the dough (not to mention trying to keeping all of my "helpers" busy with their various jobs). So I got some pictures of it drying on my makeshift rack (broomstick laid over two chairs).


I was drying it because I thought I'd made too much and was going to save it, but as it turns out it was the perfect amount for tonight's spaghetti.




As long as we're discussing long, stringy things, I thought this was appropriate. Apparently they had spaghetti on the brain...

Al dente.

I've been having so much fun lately making things from scratch, and SO inspired by this book. It makes me want to just run out and get some chickens and start growing my own wheat field. I've been thinking a lot over the last few years about self-sufficiency and family farming,  so this book is like the Guidebook for My Dreams. Love it. Got it at the library. Check it.

PS, Angie you are supposed to read it as per Dan's request.

3 comments:

Milisa said...

What's your recipe? Andy made pasta a wile ago and I thought it was too eggy.

Chrystal said...

YUM! I want one of THOSE attachments!! (Guess I gotta check out that book now...fun)

Chrystal said...

YUM! I need one of THOSE attachments! That looks fun...better check out that book.