View from the front of our hotel in Opitija. It rained a lot while we were in this little beach town.
Cool old church. On our way somewhere. It's all pretty much a blur.
Dubrovnik from the bus window. Actually, this might be Split.
This is Dubrovnik. A really cool medieval walled city that people still live in.
I bought that little blonde doll in the front for Lily.
These roof tiles are hundreds of years old and were formed by shaping the tile over the top of the leg.

This is a National Park we visited called Plitvice Lakes. This short walk took us to several beautiful waterfalls. However, the morning was misty and gray and horrible for pictures. Also, my battery was about to die, so I turned off my LCD screen to conserve juice, so I felt like I was shooting film. Which was actually pretty awesome. You have no idea the adrenaline surge you get while composing a long exposure of a waterfall with NOTHING BUT YOUR WITS!
We found some money. At this point in the trip we were pretty sure either Jake or Brett were going to accidentally "fall in" and collect some coinage on their way out.
I really wish we had more sun to reflect off those gorgeous leaves! And of course I didn't safe these for the web, so they look kind of crappy. Sorry if I offend your sensibilities.
This is Zagreb. The very old, very cool capital city of Croatia.
No, this is not the Salt Lake Temple.
Just to be quaint, there is still a person who walks around at dusk lighting all of these gas lamps.
Our tour guide told us that graffiti on the walls is actually an indication that Zagreb is a really safe city. Graffiti=no police patrolling at night. And if police don't need to patrol at night, the city must be safe. Right?? Hmmm, maybe not for long. I can appreciate a good tag as much as the next girl, but seeing all of these old homes and buildings defaced like this was pretty sad.
But it made for interesting pictures.
The main commercial square in Zagreb. I loved this city.
That's good for now.































































3 comments:
INCREDIBLE! Thanks soo much for sharing these pics! What a gorgeous time of year to visit too - the fall leaves were fabulous. Did you guys go with Bill? Was it a vacation or was work involved? I think the waterfalls turned out perfectly! The one with the moving water over the rocks was awesome too. I can't wait to see you guys for Thanksgiving - it has been far too long.
WOW!!!
Don't ever lose those pictures. they are priceless.
Post a Comment