Tonight Alex and I were reading in 3Nephi about being baptized by fire, and since he's getting baptized next year he had all sorts of questions about what that means, if it's hot, and does it hurt. So I talked to him about how when we repent and try to do better every day then Christ can help us keep being better, and the Holy Ghost confirms that what we're doing is good by giving us a warm feeling (in a good way) inside. After my awkward-feeling explanation, he got a big smile on his face and told me that he felt warm inside and that he'd repented for drawing on himself to look like Hobbes (a transmogrifying experiment he performed in his room behind closed doors). Then he leaned in and gave me a big hug.
Doesn't that just make you feel warm inside?
3 comments:
Awesome. P.S. our soap worked out beautifully. Once I can coax the soap in the larger tupperware thingies out, I will have a delivery for you. I'm going to try to get it done so I can bring it to choir tomorrow evening.
Boy does it ever! Boys are so cuddly. Oh and the monkey bars comment... so great!
Hooray! Clarissa, although a girl, is often more logic than emotion (like another family member -*cough* Jared*cough*) So when a week ago I saw her tear up over the story of Job, and talk about how he would see his lost children in heaven one day; I was so glad I put up with her usual joking and funny-voiced reading of the scriptures :) Hooray for warm fuzzy kid moments!
Post a Comment