Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The sweater

Begun the week of Thanksgiving, here is the progress. She loves it and refuses to take it off. Despite the fact that is not only unedged, unwoven, and unblocked...


It is also unfinished.

I am pleased with this pattern. It is the simple raglan top-down knitting that I love with the added spice at the hemlines. The only thing I'm worried about is the slits at the side. They are a little high. It blocking doesn't fix it I may have to sew them up a tad. (Especially since the sleaves are plenty long and could easily give her two years. It would be a shame if the torso got too short first.)

2 comments:

shaunita said...

today E. commanded me to knit her a sweater, since she couldn't find her jacket. She was heartbroken to learn that I am not capable of knitting a sweater in a day.

SarahCeleste said...

I love it...can I have you make me one. I will get the supplies and pay you big bucks. So cute