Friday, August 14, 2009

The first week


Well, it has begun. Let this post join the ranks of all other "first day" posts for the week. Alex had a GREAT first couple of days in kindergarten!The first thing he did when he saw his teacher was whisper, "I thought she was going to be a lot older."He loved the bus ride today! Man, the bus is cool when you're 5. I don't know if I have a sensitivity chip malfunction or what, but I don't feel sad at all. I think he is SO ready, and I don't worry about him one bit. I wonder if it will hit me in a few weeks when I realize my little boyfriend is really going to be gone everyday, but so far I'm OK. I was a little worried when he walked out of his classroom looking like his heart had just been ripped out of his chest...

But apparently his teacher had just informed him that I was picking him up...or in other words, that he wasn't going home on the bus. He told me his day was great until she laid that one on him. So we got him on the bus and I followed him to his stop. Then he was happy again.


Then we got to bring Katelyn home where they had SO MUCH FUN playing for a couple of hours. But if you ask him he'll say he was bored. So I guess it's just a matter of whom you are going to believe on that one.

2 comments:

Bromleys said...

Lucy starts on the 24th. I'm excited too, but we'll see when the day actually comes.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Chrystal said...

Those pictures are so great! I love the captured moments for this special time in his life! He's so cute! You're doin' it right 'mom'! Hooray for Our Happy Kindergartners!