Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Church History Volume 1

Hello from Ohio!
I can't post pictures yet because I'm on the hotel's computer, but here are some hilights...

We've been to all the Missouri sites (Adam-Ondi-Ahmen, Far West, Liberty, and the Community of Christ temple which Alex swears is a chocolate factory, and there's no convincing him otherwise. When I post pictures you'll know why.) And then Nauvoo which we left this morning, followed by a 10 hour bus ride to Ohio, where we will visit the Kirtland sites tomorrow. So far my favorite sites have been Nauvoo and Adam-Ondi-Ahmen. The former because it makes me feel like I should have been born 100 years earlier because I think it's the most beautiful city, and the latter because of the incredible spirit that was there.
Mostly I've been wrestling my Lily who just wants to use her legs, bless her heart, and is not interested in the least by anything that doesn't allow her to do so. Overall, however, they have been champs. Alex deserves a medal for how well he tolerated the bus ride today, and Lily is learning how to sleep on a bus, which is amazing since she hardly ever sleeps in places that aren't her bed. I must admit, I knew it would be hard with kids (this isn't exactly Disneyland) but I wasn't prepared for how hard it would be at times. I completely missed out on Carthage because Lily wasn't in the mood, and we haven't had a peaceful meal since...well, let's be honest, for 4 years, barring dates, but you know what I mean. The kids are adjusting, and when I do get to be involved in something it's awsome. I love the midwest. It is gorgeous here. We're having fun. It's great.
But we miss our beds.
Talk to you soon!
Love, Beka

No comments: