I bet you thought this was going to be one exciting post, didn't you...
OK, so I spent the entire weekend reading. I've been getting rave reviews for Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, so I got the paperback and devoured it. As soon as I finished I got the other two and read those 1200 pages in two days.
Anyway, it wasn't so much that the story was so gripping that I couldn't put it down, it's just that I get really obsessed and I have to finish things and have some closure. (I mean, have you seen the sock lately? It would be even further along if I weren't glued to those books all weekend...need to look into audio books...)

Don't you love the feigned indifference of my sock holder-upper. He's much more interested in his pizza.
Aaaanyway, I'm just not sure about how I feel about where the books are headed. I was happy to find that book 3 is not the final book because at first I thought it was and when I finished it I wanted to throw it across the room. I'm just curious if anyone else has read them or are in the process of reading them. What do you think? I'm probably far too involved because I saturated myself with the story so fully. More than 1500 pages in three days...I might as well have hooked up an IV and infused the characters into my bloodstream...probably not that healthy. I just can't tell if I hate it or love it, and I wonder what other's thoughts are on the subject.
Other than that, my sister-in-law came up from AZ for the week with her kids, and last night we had a fun birthday party for her two boys who were born on the same day...3 years apart. It should be fun having her here, as Alex and Stephen share a common Star Wars obsession and have been pen-palling about it for the past few weeks.
Alex is going to be Darth Vador for Halloween and Stephen is going to be Anakin Skywalker...

Our future dentist...
Jimmy Buffett, I mean, Matthew
Lincoln giving me a silly face.
Love this picture of Grandma talking Lincoln into blowing out the candles.
And Mr.Tyler McQuade on his blessing day

So, really, let me know if anyone reads those books. I would love to hash it out with someone. Keep in mind that they are young adult fiction, so don't expect too much of a brain-workout ( I try to avoid that at all costs), I just wonder if Bella shoud marry Edward or Jacob, that's all.And that is all.
4 comments:
I read them and like you pretty much devoured them in a few days. My poor kids were Twilight orphans for a while :) I do like that they take place in the PNW (pacific northwest). As far as Edward vs Jacob...I vote for Edward because you can tell she really loves him and there is passion. Jacob is probably the wiser choice...she won't have to give up her soul or anything...but aren't those overrated anyway?!?
When did you learn to knit...I must have missed that Young Womens or something!
What kind of camera do you have...I saw something about shooting in RAW. I HAD a Nikon D-100 and I LOVED it, sadly it was stolen this summer. I'm looking for a new camera and am interested in knowing what you shoot with. :)
~Amanda "D"
I'm so glad you've read them Amanda! it's nice to vent with someone who knows what I'm talking about.
I am torn because at first I was totally infatuated with Edward, but I feel like Jacob really saved her. I guess Stephenie Meyer understands girls becuase I could totally see myself falling for the hot guy, only to be swept off my feet by the best friend.In the end I started being bugged by Edward's perfection, at least in Bella's eyes. I thought if I read "I can't live without him" one more time I was going to puke. So that factors in as well. I think I love Jacob the best but I'd be sad for Edward too.
In answer to your other questions...
I learned to knit about 5 or 6 months ago because this summer 3 good friends had babies, along with my sister, Katie. I found a cool book on knitted toys which really inspired me, and I took off from there. It's very relaxing, actually. I love it.
I am shooting pictures with a Canon EOS 20D. I absolutly love it but I am very much an amature and am just diving into manual modes, which has been so fun for me but I still don't know what I'm doing at all. I'm so sorry your camera got stolen. Remember Bella after Edward left?
That's how I'd be.
If you're in the market I am salivating over the 30D. I don't know much about the Nikons, though. You'll have to let me know what you get and send me some pictures.
It's been enjoyable communicating with you!
I just heard about these books from another friend a few days ago. I'll have to check them out, then let you know what I think.
BTW, your sock is looking great. I'm very impressed.
Post a Comment