Apparently that apple did not fall far from the tree (har har) because Jake also uses his hands to talk, as do I, and so my children, being unable to dodge the gene, also use their hands as an extension of their vocal chords.
Last night Alex started talking about what he wanted for Christmas next year.
First, he would like a refrigerator. When I asked where he would put it, he said, "On top of my head. That way everyone would call me refrigerator head!"Which was, of course, completely hilarious.
"I could also get drinks whenever I want, and I could give them to my friends whenever they want."
"And I'd just put the leftovers back in my fridge!"
This is Lily stealing my dinner. Also the reason why I should not turn my back.
Alex had everyone's attention at this point.
The next thing he wants for Christmas is a giant bookshelf full of all his favorite books...also to put on his head. You know, so he has all his favorites with him all the time. We may have to introduce him to a little thing called Kindle...all in good time.
Third, and lastly, he would like an inflatable raft to go on top of it all. For just those emergencies when an inflatable raft would be appropriate. 
Or for those times when it would just be cool to inflate an inflatable raft. 
And because Lily can't be kept out of the storytelling...
Someday we will actually understand her, at which point I'm sure the gestures will make a lot more sense. 
4 comments:
"Someday we will actually understand her..." I am so living that right now. So funny.
made me laugh...Alex is awesome. But you knew that.
and Lily...well, we have a little problem understanding our little girl as well...but her actions usually make up for it. It must be the age...
I love it! I'm proud to be a Bracken by marriage - - that was an adorable post! I can hear their cute voices and visualize their stories and I love their creativity- which I'm sure is one of your genes comin' through.
Thanks again for good memories at your place - we'll do it again for sure! xxx ooo
And to think, I'd never even thought to get a bookcase to put on my head. Seems obvious when Alex proposes it.
Post a Comment