Thursday, November 29, 2007

instillling fear

the other night we were telling Alex the story of Daniel and the Lions den. He was very interested in the story and kept asking me to tell it over and over, each time emphasizing a new point in the story and asking tons of questions. I kept thinking, wow, I need to tell a different scripture story every night, he's really in to this. (and in the process I might learn a thing or two.)
So jump ahead an hour or so and we're getting ready to say a blessing on the food. Alex always wants to say it, so I was a little surprized when he didn't jump right in. I asked him if he wanted to say the prayer and he shook his head, wide-eyed. I asked why not and he said,
"because I don't want to be thrown into the lions den."

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Nice. Kids are such a crack-up. Hope your Christmas preparations are going smoothly!

shaunita said...

that is so funny! he was really "likening the scriptures" to himself there.

Megan said...

hannah used to do a lovely recount of that very story...she was probably about 20 months, and she got really animated right around the part where she would repeatedly scream "Don't pray, don't pray" I'm not sure she got the point!