Friday, November 9, 2007

Like the Throne of angels

Jake came home last night with a big box covered in Japanese writing.


Isn't that exciting?


He told me it was my Christmas present so my mind started going crazy thinking about what it might be. Maybe it was that scanner I've been asking for ever since mine broke a year ago. Or maybe it was some cool thing for my camera. Maybe it was a giant Hello Kitty doll...


No, wait; that would be for Merrill.


Aaanyway, I followed him around the house until he opened it. (By Christmas present what he meant was a box that is sitting right here that is technically for Christmas but begs, no, demands to be opened immediately, so really it's more like a pre-Christmas, so really not for Christmas at all.)


Honestly, the anticipation was killing me and my mind was enlarging it into a grander and grander gift until finally...


a toilet seat.


Oh ya. He told me about this. Some kind of thing that shoots water at you and heats up and what not.


*shrug*That's cool.


So he hooked it up and ran some wires and fiddled with this and that until it was ready for a test drive, which he graciously allowed me to commence.

It was as if the hands of angels gently supported my body while I was so thoroughly cleaned that I wondered how I didn't always shower after using the bathroom before. Actually, a shower has got nothin' on this baby.

It's like the throne of an angel.

I have seriously been spoiled for life. If anyone wants to come over and try it I will make sure it's disinfected for you, if you worry about that sort of thing.

In any case, my man knows his way around a Christmas gift.

3 comments:

Megan said...

how funny! I should have known by the title...I have heard Jake go on aobut those things before...and I must say, as weird as it is to actually picture myself using someone elses toilet, I WILL be giving it a test drive next time I am over at your house...and by the way, sneaky way of throwing in those other items on your Christmas list...are you reading them, Jake?

Amy Hummel said...

Now THAT is super cool! I'm sure Jared will want one next! I'll have to tell him about it ;)

SarahCeleste said...

I tried one at my friend Brenda's house....her japanese niece (5) did not know what to do when she came over and all she had was toilet paper.So she had one installed Seriously, I did not want to get off! They are the BEST!