Very frustrated with blogger...
won't let me post pictures.
It is the one complaint I have with blog services that I never had with typepad.
Typepad is $100.00/year. Alas.
But I must post pictures! This is my scrapbook, people!
Anyway.
So Alex had his birthday(s) this weekend. Saturday he had a Star Wars party with his friends; at which he turned 4 years old. Last night, on his true birthday, we had a party with his family; at which, in his mind, he turned 5 years old.
Aren't we glad that logic doesn't work in actuality.
It was a great weekend. Not only did he have a great time celebrating, but he also played soccer on Saturday.
You heard me...he PLAYED!! WOOHOO!
And I didn't even have to drag him out onto the field and swing him into the ball to force him to play, he actually played of his own accord. When he would tell me he was tired I would sub him out and he would get a sip of water and run right back in. Several times I had to explain to him that there can't be 4 red guys out there and once he was out he had to wait his turn.
It was so very exciting.
I don't know what caused it either. It just sort of clicked somewhere in his brain that it's fun to go run with the other kids and chase the ball, even if you aren't the one kicking it triumphantly down the field.
However, he also informed me yesterday that he didn't need his blanket anymore, and it wasn't until this morning when I discovered that he actually didn't sleep with it that I thought he might actually make good on that.
He also hasn't wet the bed for 2 nights in a row.
A continuation on any of these milestones may be wishful thinking, but he's growing up, for sure. This is also evident in the new Star Wars obsession he is exhibiting. It's a little unsettling to me that he is that into light sabering and killing bad guys at the tender age of 4, but my goodness if I take the light sabers away he just finds a stick, so I try to curb it as best I can but it only goes so far. It just doesn't seem right. I still want him playing with Thomas trains and stuffed animals, I guess.
He's still a baby.
But don't try to tell him that.
2 comments:
dumb blogger! I wanted to see pictures! Sounds like turning four has really aged him! It must have been the week for taking it to the next level in soccer! Way to go Alex! And I love that he is not wetting the bed! I still haven't taken seth out of pullups at night. Sigh. All in good time, I suppose!
Stupid blogger...
And typepad isn't $100 a year. It's $89.99 ... LOL!!!
Oh well... I love my typepad anyway.
Post a Comment