Friday, July 24, 2009

encouraging his writing

So ALex just walked in with an envelope and said, "Mom, I need Katelyn's last name and address".
Mom: "OK, can I read the letter please?"

Alex: "No, It's already sealed."

Mom: "OK, but if you're writing letters to girls I need to read them."

Alex hesitates, slowly hands me the envelope and says: "OK, but if it says

"Dear Katelyn, you look like a baboon and you smell like one too, "

I wrote that on accident. What I ment to say was You look like my favorite person and you smell like one too. That's what I meant to say."


Mom: "OK, why don't you try again. "
Alex: "OK".

3 comments:

Amy Hummel said...

That's so awesome... LOL. Hopefully they get along well when we move out there!

Megan said...

I almost just peed my pants. So funny. It reminds me of a story that's often told in our family of my dad coming home from work and my sister was writing with chalk on the driveway and asked, "Dad, how do you spell Toby and Jody is a BIG FAT PIG?" Love it!

Bromleys said...

Ooooooooooooooooooo, I can't stop laughing! That is AWESOME!