Friday, July 24, 2009

our pioneer day in pictures:

I'm not going to worry about putting these in order because life is just way too short. But I will say that we had a great day of lighting fireworks, planning our garden, and watching Alex in the parade.

But, again, not in that order.

This is the domino fountain that Jake created. It was quite successful. After the paradeQuite possibly my new favorite picture to date. It captures her personality so well. Alex got to throw candy this year. He loved being in the parade!I can't resist it when she poses. More fireworks.More parade:

After the fireworks, I was standing in my backyard in awe of the sunset. The sky is just so big and dramatic out here. In fact, when I first moved in, I was running in to get my camera ALL the time because every night it looks different. But I've finally gotten to the point where I don't take a picture every time. I just try to stand there and enjoy it. So tonight I was standing there drinking it in, completely forgetting I was holding my camera, when I mentioned to Alex how beautiful the sky was. So he looked at it and said, "Why don't you take a picture?" Like, why didn't I think of that?

So why not one more...

2 comments:

Amy Hummel said...

Jared and I were out there today. But we didn't know if you were home. We went out there on a date. Got someone to watch the kids (finally), and we went to the house for a bit. They were texturing the ceiling, and the guys said that they would have the walls all textured up by Monday afternoon! Tile is scheduled for Tuesday. And I think paint starts some time soon as well. BUT, the real reason we went out was to play on the 18 hole putting course. We kind of made a fun game out of it, and Jared beat me by 12 strokes I think. That was about 6ish. Maybe 7. It was definitely a nice day!

Bromleys said...

I just love the colors in these pictures. Plus, it looks like you had tons of fun.