
Today in Sunday School Daddy and I were settling in and getting ready for the lesson when we heard a very familiar cry down the hall. We had just dropped you off at nursery not 5 minutes before, so I'll give you one guess on who it was...
And it wasn't that whiny half-way cry you do when you want something that Alex has, and you whip out that 2-year-old girly wail because you know Alex will get blamed for something he didn't do and we didn't see when we find you belly up, arched-back and sobbing. No, this was a legitimate, choking, screeching cry. And the minute we heard it in our peaceful, kid-free classroom, permeating through the cinder block walls, we looked at each other and knew they were coming for us.
And when the door finally opened and I saw your red, tear-streaked face across the room, I knew that the last 5 minutes must have been like being in the middle of the ocean without any view of the shore. One minute I was there, and the next I was gone. No where to be found. And the look on your face and the sound of your cry was panic; I could tell.
But when you found me among the sea of unfamiliar faces and our eyes locked, it was as if the sun were breaking through the clouds in the middle of a thunderstorm. And as the teacher continued with the lesson, and the students politely pretended they weren't being disturbed, you suddenly yelled ecstatically at the top of your voice,
"OH, HI MOM!! HI MOM! "
and as you ran through the aisle, and in front of the teacher to get to me you shouted,
"IT'S GOOD TO SEE YOU!"
And at that moment I realized what all those moms are talking about when they say that motherhood is the most rewarding job ever. Because even without the 30 people ooh-ing and aaah-ing over how cute you were, there is nothing quite like the feeling of being that loved by a child.
I'm not sure that I have words to explain your personality. Anyone who knows you understands what I mean. You are the most funny, adorable, moody, sweet girl I have ever known. And every emotion is so clearly written on your face, it's like the perfect mirror to your soul.
And the thing that is hard to describe is how beautiful that soul is. So unique and perfect. Unlike anything I have ever known
.
.
5 comments:
oh, it warms the heart! To be loved by our little ones...even if we are the meanest meanies that ever were mean at least 50% of the time!
Oh, that is so tender. Definitely one to store in the memory bank for those dreaded teenage years.
look! look!
I did some research!
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/306599-REG/Kodak__E100G_620_Ektachrome_Professional.html
There are lots of different brands and some in black & white... but they are out of stock.
I'm camera shopping on e-bay.
And... sorry that that had nothing to do with your post. Lily is adorable! I can't believe she's two already!
I love your new heading photo! That quilt is awesome!
Ok, Lily is growing way too fast! What a beautiful girl, and she is such a love! That picture of the reflection is my favorite favorite favorite!
stop - - you're choking me up! I think the car shot (rearview mirro??) is soo cool!
Post a Comment