Lily, while excited at the prospect, never really got the "hang" of sleeping in a tent--the operative word being sleep, so she got to go to bed in her crib. Nevertheless, it was actually really fun, and much less work than actual camping. (made even more so with the air bed and portable a/c. We really know how to rough it.)
I think that is the way we need to try to camp...Jared isn't really into it and by default our family hasn't gone...but one day I dream of having my kids really experience the great outdoors...I just haven't figured out how to make it happen if I have to explain why they don't get an air mattress etc. like their daddy...In fact, Jared said he'll only go if we find a cabin. Too bad. But your backyard looks like a great campground - what do you charge for campers?
4 comments:
Just like real pioneers. It almost looks like the tent is one fire. Boy that takes me back to girl's camp.
I never thought to camp in a skirt.
Glad you guys had fun!
That's awesome! You wouldn't have to lug food, just walk into the kitchen! Very smart.
I think that is the way we need to try to camp...Jared isn't really into it and by default our family hasn't gone...but one day I dream of having my kids really experience the great outdoors...I just haven't figured out how to make it happen if I have to explain why they don't get an air mattress etc. like their daddy...In fact, Jared said he'll only go if we find a cabin. Too bad. But your backyard looks like a great campground - what do you charge for campers?
Post a Comment