Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Special

2 events for the price of 1.

First...the pumpkin derby!
This cart says to me..."my mom forgot about the pumpkin derby and had an hour to make something really quick because Dad wasn't home. " That's what it says to me.

And while it may have been colorful, it really wasn't very fast. I've got to hand it to those furniture dolly-makers. They surely make sure your dressers don't run away on you. And now for Halloween! Here is my girly filling up her bucket with our candy before trick-or-treating. I'm guessing this is like when road-side musicians throw a couple bucks into the guitar case to entice others to do the same.My spooky skeleton.Lily and her zombie mother. I normally don't dress up for Halloween mostly out of laziness, but Alex really wanted me to this year, so I tried to get really creepy for him. He said it was adequate. Ringing the first doorbellHere comes LilyThis was their favorite decoration at Grandma'sMore Trick-or-Treating in our neighborhood. I know this commentary is riviting. Hold onto your seats. You're about to get MORE!Walking down the street. Holding a pumpkin. Bucket.
I like this picture with the dark sky and leaves and all. It's nice and fall-ish. Since we never made it up to see the fall colors, it will have to do. Plus I didn't even photoshop. Again. I am getting lazy.
Here's one last one of Lily with her pumpkins. We LOVED these plastic pumpkin pieces this year. They were so fun to do, and both of my kids could do it by themselves! (Thanks for the idea, Jeny!)It was really fun this year. Lots of people came out and our neighborhood is so fun for decorations! I can't discuss it too much or I'll start sobbing. I just keep telling myself we'll be back next year!

2 comments:

McKinna said...

kids look great- and so do you Ma! how fun! Alex & Dev were the same skeleton- Dev just had the white one. At least Alex would put the mask on!!

Chrystal said...

Awesome pumpkins! Loved the pics!