
I've always been a huge fan of Norman Rockwell. My parents used to have a book full of his illustrations and I could sit and look at the whole book in one sitting, each picture forming an elaborate story in my mind; complete with beginning, middle and end. Sometimes with a sequel.
If you know Norman Rockwell, you know exactly what I'm talking about. He had a way of drawing you in and telling a whole story, and then allowing your imagination to take off and create more and more stories, and all in one great image.
Now, I know I don't have his talent, but I'd like to think my images tell a story. I like to draw people in and make them stop and look for a second, wondering if there's more. This was the first thing that grabbed me about photography; being able to say something interesting in a concise, yet thought provoking way. (and if you've ever heard me run off at the mouth, you know that I have a difficult time conserving my words, so photography does help me keep things simple.)
So, please, what is my point?
It's that when I saw this...

I had to grab the camera.
But since we all now know that it was for the sake of art, I know I won't have any phone calls wondering why I would leave my child up there in probable peril while I shot a few exposures.
Unless, of course, you don't appreciate good art.
7 comments:
Oh my goodness! That is SO FUNNY! I could totally see that as a Norman Rockwell Painting. Great picture! So, my question is, was she getting treats for herself or Buster???
OH, so hilarious. I don't know what I love more...Lily on the shelf, or the dog that's smart enough to lay in her wake...
That's a brilliant shot! That is the cutest thing I've ever seen!
I've spent many an hour gazing at Norman Rockwell art - I love it too! This is a fabulous shot - how fun/funny!
Ahhhh, a fall from that height would just be a good lesson. :)
THAT is an awesome pic!!
Ok I love this picture so much! Maybe its becuase there is a pic of me somewhere climbing in the cupboards too.... Probably about that age. . . no need to mention my lame toe. . .Thank you for the set up too, love your writing as much as I love your photographs...but not as much as I LOVE YOU
Post a Comment