Monday, November 10, 2008

I have too much stuff

it's truly ridiculous.

Somebody give me a mantra, an inspiration, a kick in the pants...SOMETHING to give me the strength to get rid of all this stuff!!

I didn't think I had this much...it was all hiding in the crevices. WHERE DID IT COME FROM? This is why I didn't want a big house--there are more places for it all to hide!

But it must go. I'm not taking ANY prisoners. Somebody needs it more than I do, that's for sure.

OK, this was good. I'm glad we had this talk. I think I can go back to my craft room now and TOSS and DI some more USELESS STUFF!

Thank you.

Anyone want some stuff??

7 comments:

Angie said...

Isn't it funny? We want stuff. We get stuff. Then someday later, we feel a euphoric sense of unloading when the D.I. truck comes and hauls away a TRUCKLOAD of that same stuff we once wanted and even spent money to have. Say, maybe I want some of your stuff....no, no, must resist...
Also, your Halloween costume was awesome. I was terrified by that picture of you.

Marie said...

Don't just toss it or haphazardly give it to the DI...post the good stuff on Craig's List and then have a big garage sale! That sure made me feel better...getting cash for my "STUFF!"

shaunita said...

I'd love new digital camera if you happen to have an older model just lying around :)

Jamie said...

I love stuff! I'm currently cleaning out our office. Ick. 3 years of paperwork have been loitering around. I finally went through (and more importantly, got Merril to sort through) all the junk and just pull out the good stuff.

Becky said...

I always think of Grandma when I'm getting rid of stuff. While I lived with them, at least once a month Grandma went through something and tossed stuff they hadn't used in a while. Her motivation was two-fold: she didn't want the kids to have to do it when she died and she didn't want to be a hoarder, which so many people became due to the depression. She's my role model. :)

Rebecca said...

yeah... I LOVE to weed out my closet, but then I always seem to fill my closet up again. It is a never ending cycle. Good luck!

Mindy said...

You should post some stuff and see if you get any takers. Also you can feel better now after what the bishop said in sacrament about donating our stuff to the needy. I have 9 brothers and sisters so my "stuff" disappears quickly.