That's right, when she got relaxed, she'd drool. Not a great trait.
So I've been terrified of getting another pet. However, in an attempt to help the kids transition to a new home where there will be no friends for a while, we thought a nice family pet would be a good idea. Even Jake was on board with the decision (collective gasp). And so when Jake's mom called to tell us she found a Boston Terrier (which is the kind of dog Jake grew up with), we went to go meet him. I honestly didn't know if we'd take him home, but I wanted to meet him.
At first I was worried. He was so hyper and I wondered if he was going to be a good dog for kids. But after the initial excitement wore off, he was so, so sweet. I fell in love.
I know, I know, he's ALEX'S birthday present, (and he's in love too) but I did not expect to get so attached so fast. He is a sweet, sweet dog, and I know he's still in discovery mode checking everything out, but I haven't heard him bark once. Even Jake loves him. He won't say as much, but I can tell. Lily and Alex chased him and chased him and chased him, and he didn't even seem to need doggy anti-depressants, so I guess that's a good sign.
So, meet Pepper:

As close as I'm going to get to a 3rd child.
5 comments:
I feel the same way about pets...just one more person to take care of! You know what they say about the third child being the hardest...good luck to you!
Wow! You are brave. I feel the same way about pets. John promised the kids that when we bought a new house they could get a dog. Well we just signed papers on an house yesterday. Guess who will be joining you in the pet owners club soon?
wow...you are a MUCH nicer mommy than I am! He is rather cute...in a doggie sort of way! My kids will be super jealous...
so...will Alex be trying to sneak him into his backpack for show and tell on Wednesday?
SOOOO cute!!
Hooray! I'm sure when Jared sees him he'll remember the good 'ol days with Buster, their Boston Terrier...too bad for him our Ragdoll kitty already rules our roost...She has been such an easy going, gorgeous pet. I wish you the best with this new arrival!
Post a Comment