Here is my holiday in a nutshell:
One big move to the in-laws basement for an undetermined amount of time. Theoretically until our house is complete, but Jake thinks he might list it during the home show since there is a parade home right up the street and he thinks it might be worth it.
Joy. Love being homeless.
One little girl who REFUSES ALL CLOTHING. All. Not one stitch to be found.
And she's not potty trained.
TWO children who cannot go to sleep at night. They just barley went to sleep at 10:00, and these are 8:00 bedtime kids. This has been every night since we moved. They just lie there and lie there...and lie there...and lie there some more.
And we feel bad cuz we're all, "poor kids are so displaced, we should lay down with them", and now they have this nasty nasty habit of not being able to go to sleep without us.
It's a holiday downer, I'm not going to sit here and lie to you.
One mom with a mullet.
3 photo shoots in one week. Now, I LOVE photo shoots, don't get me wrong. I haven't turned one down yet, but 3 in one week...well, let's say it's been a bit hairy. Between that and the virus that almost ate my computer, plus my slower than normal network speeds, and well, my friends, that right there is a recipe for a holiday trip to the psyche ward.
One weekend of the stomach flu. Yuck.
One husband who can't stop coughing.
Two stockings being knitted BY HAND because, apparently, I don't have enough to do.
Two kids who miss their friends and are BORED.
One dog who is, well...happy as can be.
And me? Despite everything I'm happy too. I'm glad to be better. I'm happy with the photo shoots. I'm so THANKFUL to have a place to live. I'm happy that it's Christmas...even though it's hectic. And I'm happy to be with my family whom I feel like I'm starting a new adventure with. I know I'm more short with them at times these days, but as we settle in here (as much as we can), I think things will get better. It's been stressful, but we're surviving. We'll survive. And I feel bad for not blogging the last few weeks. I have tons and tons of pictures I've been meaning to blog since Alex's birthday! (that's still a blog in progress). I just know that I've missed a lot of moments, but I'll try to do better.
And a partridge in a pear tree.
5 comments:
so sorry...I could give you the whole "someday you will look back on this" speech...but that would be lame! I hope things normalize sooN!
Life totally give you the runs sometimes doesn't it. But you have a bright outlook and sometimes that is all you can do to stay sane.
Do you have to share things with your in-laws, like a kitchen, a bathroom, etc?
I do and THAT sucks!
No, fortunately we have our own small kitchen and our own bathroom. Things could be worse!
I looked at your zenfolio site, and I love those pictures... at what looks like town square?! Amazing photographer you are...
I'm still waiting for my camera.
I wish you still lived by us. This is were "normal" is. Ok-I know I'm not helping the situation....but please bring the kids over ANYTIME, and just hang out on my couch.
Post a Comment