First of all, let me just say that I love taking pictures. I don't think anyone who has read my blog can dispute that with any kind of leg to stand on.

I have many hobbies, but photography has been one of those true passions these last few years that has allowed me to creatively interpret how I see the world. And I still feel like I am charting new territory for myself all the time. My very favorite thing is to photograph the world the way I see it, through my lens. I love finding new angles, new lighting, and new subjects--and I love to tell a story. This is me. This is why I love photography.

I also love taking photos of people--especially families and children--and documenting the way they interact with each other. It's an eye-opening and awe-inspiring thing to capture the unique way a family loves one another.

And my very favorite (and the reason I started this crazy hobby in the first place) is taking pictures of my kids. I don't have many physical possessions I could live without, but if ANYTHING happened to my hard drive and I lost the pictures of my children, I just don't know if I'd ever get over it. Their entire lives have been painstakingly photographed so their children's children can marvel at their great-great grandmother's photography skills. (just kidding). Actually, they're for me. So I can look back when their 30 and living in my basement and remember why I love them so much.

OK, I'm just rambling now...prolonging the inevitable announcement I must make. This is the thing, I've spent the great bulk (like 100%) of my free time lately working on photography (THAT"S GREAT!), but none of that has been spent on my own children (oh no, that's bad). I was never completely "on board" with starting a photography business...I've kind of had one toe in for a long time now...sometimes charging money...most of the time not charging money. And I've been fine with that. Honestly. The truth is it has been an absolute joy to photograph the families I've worked with. I've loved every minute.
But it's starting to take over my life. Which is GREAT, except that I have kids who don't think it's so great. So the bottom line is, it's time for me to start charging actual money for my services.
Obviously, if you already have an appointment scheduled with me, these prices don't apply (you have to live with the higher ones I quoted you...just kidding). But OK, here goes...
A session with me (about an hour give or take) is $60. This includes a CD of your images which are naked. Meaning I have not added my creative touch to them whatsoever. No touching up, no color boost, no nothin'. But they're all there.
From there you can browse through and pick your favorites, send a list back to me, and I will process them through the "digital darkroom", brighten, boost, and beautify your favorite shots for $5/picture.
From there you can just have them back and print them yourself through one of the places in town, OR you can order through my zenfolio site and get professional quality prints. The choice is yours.
Whew. That's a load off. Don't we all feel better? I know I do.
If you'd like to contact me for an appointment you may do so here:
beka@thebrackens.net
I love you all!
I have many hobbies, but photography has been one of those true passions these last few years that has allowed me to creatively interpret how I see the world. And I still feel like I am charting new territory for myself all the time. My very favorite thing is to photograph the world the way I see it, through my lens. I love finding new angles, new lighting, and new subjects--and I love to tell a story. This is me. This is why I love photography.
I also love taking photos of people--especially families and children--and documenting the way they interact with each other. It's an eye-opening and awe-inspiring thing to capture the unique way a family loves one another.

And my very favorite (and the reason I started this crazy hobby in the first place) is taking pictures of my kids. I don't have many physical possessions I could live without, but if ANYTHING happened to my hard drive and I lost the pictures of my children, I just don't know if I'd ever get over it. Their entire lives have been painstakingly photographed so their children's children can marvel at their great-great grandmother's photography skills. (just kidding). Actually, they're for me. So I can look back when their 30 and living in my basement and remember why I love them so much.

OK, I'm just rambling now...prolonging the inevitable announcement I must make. This is the thing, I've spent the great bulk (like 100%) of my free time lately working on photography (THAT"S GREAT!), but none of that has been spent on my own children (oh no, that's bad). I was never completely "on board" with starting a photography business...I've kind of had one toe in for a long time now...sometimes charging money...most of the time not charging money. And I've been fine with that. Honestly. The truth is it has been an absolute joy to photograph the families I've worked with. I've loved every minute.
But it's starting to take over my life. Which is GREAT, except that I have kids who don't think it's so great. So the bottom line is, it's time for me to start charging actual money for my services.
Obviously, if you already have an appointment scheduled with me, these prices don't apply (you have to live with the higher ones I quoted you...just kidding). But OK, here goes...
A session with me (about an hour give or take) is $60. This includes a CD of your images which are naked. Meaning I have not added my creative touch to them whatsoever. No touching up, no color boost, no nothin'. But they're all there.
From there you can browse through and pick your favorites, send a list back to me, and I will process them through the "digital darkroom", brighten, boost, and beautify your favorite shots for $5/picture.
From there you can just have them back and print them yourself through one of the places in town, OR you can order through my zenfolio site and get professional quality prints. The choice is yours.
Whew. That's a load off. Don't we all feel better? I know I do.
If you'd like to contact me for an appointment you may do so here:
beka@thebrackens.net
I love you all!
5 comments:
woah - I didn't know you weren't charging! You are way too generous, lady!
And very inexpensive ;)
NOBODY gives discs with images these days - you are awesome!
I'm proud of you! You deserve compensation and you do such amazing work! HOORAY!! GOOD CHOICE! (In time maybe you charge what you're worth - - much more)
I agree with the above comments. Girl you have a gift and an ability many would love. And you do not charge enough. Not even with your little anouncement. You are worth more! Love you sis!
Welcome to the group of crazies! Nope, we don't charge enough. But I don't think we are trying to get rich either!
Will you still charge me for pictures of me and asian guys in Seattle. Speaking of which, can you send me a disk of that little weekend when you get time. I miss you and need to talk to you LIVE and unedited. I am semi active again in the world of blogging.
Post a Comment