Well, I've been a little AWOL from blogging of late, but I'm still alive and kicking for the most part. We're all settled in to the in-law's basement, and there's nothing to complain about as far as that goes. We have our own nice little space and that's something to be grateful for when our house sold so fast that the new one was still only a hole in the ground. I'm grateful on a lot of levels for that. As a matter of fact, and in the interest of new developments, our hole now has walls. Well, that's being a bit generous. It has concrete forms erected, and will soon have walls. (And yes, husbands who read this fine blog, I just said erected. Stop laughing and grow up.)
The children are...adjusting. Slowly. Lily still asks to go home every day, and misses "Nana" a ton. It's been a big fight to get them to go to bed ever since they figured out that it wasn't just a fun sleepover at Grandma's anymore. They miss their beds and their room, but I figure the moment they get used to it the house will be done and we'll move again. That's just the way it is. Poor parents.
Well, that's all for now. I'm exhausted. And even a bit tired. I'm a little sleepy too. And it's only 10:30.
Joy.
5 comments:
"Nana" is always available to play!
Come on over "Yilly".
Poor kids. Poor mommy. Seth was pretty sure that Alex had fallen off the face of the earth. He was relieved to see him at school today!
Makes me sad reading about your kids wanting to go home. I bet they will be excited for their new home when it's finished. We had to live in Jared's parents basement for awhile while we waited for the idiots to move out of this house when we bought it. Jocelyn loved being at grandmas all the time, but when we finally got to move into our own house... Jocelyn walked in the front door and laid on the carpet. She just laid there, and stretched her arms out... kind of like she was hugging her new house. She definitely knew she was home. Even if she was only 14 months old.
Ooohhhhh. That's so sad when kids just want to go home. I wish you a swift house completion!! It'll be exciting to have walls.
We miss your family already! SOunds like you have settled in ok though. Make sure you keep in touch!
Post a Comment