Monday, December 15, 2008

Lucy, you have a lot of catching up to do.

OK, lame title. Sorry.

It was the weekend of Christmas parties...first, the Sullivan party at which I was stuffing myself with too much yummy food to take any pictures, save this one. It's all eatable. All of it. And every bit as big as it looks...maybe bigger. But I've never been one for exaggeration. It's a bit misleading because the kitchen it's sitting in is probably as big as the entire basement in which I now reside, but see Kathryn's head in the background? She's standing right up next to it. That gives you an idea of scale.

Then it was immediately on to Angie's cookie exchange...girls only! There was the normal girl talk consisting of kids, husbands, Christmas shopping, and aphrodisiacs. Though in no particular order or hierarchy of significance. The food was delicious (thanks Dan), but since I was already stuffed, I had the presence of mind to take a few pictures. Ready girls?

Our server


Look at all these cookies! I came home with 7 DOZEN delicious cookies! (which, of course I will benevolently give away to friends and neighbors...*whistle*, *whistle*).




Here's Megan pretending I don't exist.
This is Megan acting like it's Christmas, for crying out loud.
And now for a choppy transition to Sand Hollow. Oh, how is the house coming? I'm so glad you asked!
Here's a window in the basement.

Alex is running through the kitchen, Lily and the dog are sprinting through the family room.
Here's a stack of OUR LUMBER, BABY!

I call it: Large Pile of Dirt with Boys and Canine.


Bird's Eye
Daughter

I said "Show me your teeth!"

Then she said, "Mom, I show you my nose."
That will do for now.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Ok, who made the candy house!!?? That is amazing! And you house is looking like it's coming along. So exciting!!

SarahCeleste said...

That is so exciting!!!! I love love love you!

about us said...

where is your house?

Chrystal said...

WOW! I love the pic with Alex in the window and your Lily in the red dirt - - I just get homesick for St. George when I see red dirt. I know only Jared has lived there - but coming home to his parents makes it feel like my second home.