My review of Shel Silverstein's "A Light in the Attic" circa 1989. After reading a few gems to Alex today, I agree with my initial assessment; except I think it probably deserves more stars.
I love it! Bennett is a big Silverstein fan too, and Silverstein is so much fun to read with him. It reminds me of when I was a kid, and I was so amused by Silverstein's poems then. I'm still amused, of course, but it's different. In some ways he's more profound to me, in some ways less, but I don't get that cracks-me-up-hilarious the way I did back in the day.
2 comments:
I enjoyed hist stuff as a kid too - - I remember a garbage piling high poem...is that one in the book?
I love it! Bennett is a big Silverstein fan too, and Silverstein is so much fun to read with him. It reminds me of when I was a kid, and I was so amused by Silverstein's poems then. I'm still amused, of course, but it's different. In some ways he's more profound to me, in some ways less, but I don't get that cracks-me-up-hilarious the way I did back in the day.
Post a Comment