Wednesday, January 20, 2010

sunrise after a stormy night.


1/19/2010 day 19, originally uploaded by bekalily.

I've been frustrated with photography lately. It seems like I'm not quite capturing, or conveying what it is I see. This has always been true to some extent because I am a fundamentally flawed person, but it's been more so lately. I think it just means I have more to learn and I need to probably be patient with that. Like every other skill in my life, if I don't let it unfold on it's own I usually make it worse for myself. So this is me being patient. See that? Patience.

Well, that was a ramble.
and ps Amy, this was the shot I was talking about. (click on the photo to see the whole thing)Really awesome in real life. I love living here :).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the same problem! It seems like the more I get into photography, the more frustrated I get with not being able to portray a vision or idea I have. Let me know if that patience thing works out...I'm too impatient to find out for myself :)

Chrystal said...

Incredible! I think it just means God gave us the coolest cameras = our eyes, and we still haven't got the equipment to portray all we can take in with photography. But I agree - - patience with the process of learning is still a good alternative. . .but not EASY SHEESH!

Great shot! I sure think about how cool it was to just see your view through your windows during our visit :)

McKinna said...

GORGEOUS!