Wednesday, February 20, 2008

bird-watchers log; day 2

They came back.

I noticed this morning that one of the birds was flying up into the nest again with more twigs. So I left them completely alone this morning. Later, I thought they were gone again so I decided to climb up on a ladder to see if there were any eggs.

I can hear you all screaming now...DON'T DO IT! THEY'LL PECK YOUR EYES OUT! But, lucky for me, there he was just sitting there patiently. So I didn't get close. I set the ladder up on the other side of the yard and used my telephoto.






I know this is just riviting reading for you.

I didn't see any eggs, but it was a cool birds eye view ha ha! (Oh my goodness, did I just say that? I keep getting lamer by the minute.)

So I don't know if they've decided to stay here or if they're still just trying it out, but I've been thinking about bribery. Do you think birds go for that? I think I have some quilt batting in the basement; maybe I'll scatter it throughout the lawn. That's got to be like the hight of luxury in nests. Or maybe...ooo, I just remembered I've got sunflower seeds. Gotta go.


Beka out.

3 comments:

shaunita said...

I hope they stay. Last year my parents had some humming birds that made a nest by their front door. It was really cool, except the birds got really territorial and tried to dive-bomb people heading for the front door a few times.

I am enjoying the nesting chronicles.

Megan said...

be careful, they might tell their friends. Two sweet little birds are one thing...but a whole yard full...have you ever seen that Hitchcock film???

Amy Hummel said...

I have some wild bird seed in my garage! I really don't know why it's there. I have a bird feeder in my tree that has been empty for over a year now. I'm just too darn lazy to go out and fill it. How is that for lame!