Monday, August 4, 2008

milestone: reached

I'm behind on blogging. Very behind.

This has everything to do with a fishing trip to Alaska Jake and I just returned from that was INCREDIBLE. (more on that later...much later...after the laundry room stops smelling like fish.)

So during Lily's nap today I was taking the opportunity to finish up some pictures I've been working on, and as I heard her wake up and start calling me I thought I'd just give her a few minutes to really get up before I had to get off the computer. You know how it is...as long as she's happy in her crib, dude, why rock the boat? You know what I'm saying? So about 10 minutes later, as the "Mom!"'s start reaching a fevered pitch, I decided to get her. And what I found on the other side of the door was not AT ALL what I was expecting.

It was Lily.

Well, Lily and her blanket, actually. There's no way she would SCALE THE SIDE OF HER CRIB without blankie.

So I put her back in her crib and told her to do it again, and she was gazelle-like as she effortlessly went over the edge, caught the mattress with her toes, and stepped down to the floor.

I guess it's time to look at bunk beds.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Personally, I love bunk beds! Maxine and Jack both were around 18 months when I yanked them from a crib and threw them into a bottom bunk. (A bunk bed was given to us when Maxine was 18 mo.) I love their space saving ability!! (I could almost smell the fishy laundry room. Eeeewwwwww!!)

Katie said...

Yeah, I remember when Chloe did that too. Only when we got her a bed it took another 3 months before she would sleep in it. She prefered screaming and laying just on the inside of her door....fun.

jeny said...

yeh yeh yeh...lily is growing up. now lets see some pics from alaska;)

i've always wanted bunkbeds.

Megan said...

Um yeah...do I need to tell you how lucky you were that she was in a crib until OVER TWO! None of my kids have made it that long.

Glad you guys are back home. And safe. And smelling fishy.

Unknown said...

HAHA we've been there before!!! I'm so escited to see our pictures!!!

Amy Hummel said...

I don't think my kids have ever climbed out of their cribs. This may be due to the fact, that every single one of my kids has been in either a toddler bed or bunk bed BEFORE their second birthday! It will be interesting to see how it goes with Tess, since there won't be another sibling to push her out of the crib!

April said...

Doesn't sound like too big a problem for Super Nanny April. I could come in with a little emotional abuse and a few cigarette burns...she'll stay in her crib...oh yes...she'll stay in her crib.