Mother's Day...forget it.
Christmas...no way.
Father's Day...go fly a kite.
So I may have come up with a small bribe in order to get him to memorize his part. And while I'm fairly certain that, in the end, he was doing it because he felt good about himself, I know we wouldn't have even started if not for unlimited chicken rings, ice cream and playground time at Arctic Circle that was promised him. All I have to say about the results of his hard work is, I wish I could have taken a camera into the chapel with me.
And so the highlights in no particular order were:
The funny faces being made to no one in particular. (I'm pretty sure that was a boredom-alleviation technique he's come up with on his own.)
The look on his face when his teacher nudged him awake because everyone was getting ready to sing
The highly animated "air fluit" accompaniment during "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet"
The fact that he had his part memorized and he said it all on his own(even though he kept saying thankful instead of faithful...he just corrected himself and went on)
And my favorite was the look on his face and the giant thumbs up he gave us after he knew he did so good!
Alex, you were awesome today, and you've completely earned that trip to Arctic Circle tomorrow! Way to go , buddy!

2 comments:
So proud of that boy...he seemed older yesterday...he was so concerned about olivia when she was pulling an attitude in the car. What a heart! I hope he stuffs himself silly with artic circle...
He did so great! I was so impressed with him knowing his part all by himself and knowing the songs so well, he is a cutey. And I cant believe I never put the connection between you and your mom. SHe is such a sweetheart and so fun to chat with. I dont remember all my patients that I see (i try hard:) but she is one that I always remember. SHe's a great lady! ANd good luck this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Post a Comment