Tuesday, January 13, 2009

a song in my head

Winter Lullaby
(W. J. Smith)

Now touch the air softly

step lightly one two

I'll love you 'till roses are robin's egg blue

I'll love you "till gravel

is eaten for bread
And lemons are orange and lavender's red

Now touch the air softly

swing gently the broom

I'll love you 'till windows are all of a room

And the table is laid

And the table is bare

And the ceiling reposes on bottomless air

I'll love you 'till Heav'n

Rips the stars from his coat

And the moon rows away

In a glass-bottomed boat

And Orion steps down

Like a diver below

And earth is ablaze

And ocean's aglowSo touch the air softly

And swing the broom high

We'll dust the grey mountains

And sweep the blue sky



And I'll love you as long as the furrow the plow

And however is ever

And ever is now

3 comments:

McKinna said...

beautiful pics of the kids!

Jamie said...

NICE Beka!!

SarahCeleste said...

I love love..your kiddos are so lucky to have you.