The beloved dog of the Bracken family.Alex asked Grandma how Buster died, and in her candid way, Grandma explained how Buster got really old and tired, and started not being able to see and running into things, and how he started losing his house training abilities, and mostly how he stopped being able to hear well. And how when he stopped being able to hear Grandma call his name, she knew Buster was really suffering and it was time to put him to sleep.
She explained how the doctor gave him some medicine to make him fall asleep, but never wake up, and how it was the nice thing to do because he was suffering, and now he's happy in Doggy Heaven.
So Alex asked, "Will that happen to our Buster?"
And Grandma said,
"Probably...we do that to dogs, but not to Grandmas. Just remember that."
And then Jake said,
"Yes, and that's why you always need to listen to us."
4 comments:
OK, my first thought when I saw that picture was..."alex looks so old! and I wonder what kind of filter beka put on the photo..."
Yeah, I just figured out it was Jake.
And the whole listening thing is priceless. ANd will probably stick with him!
So Brad happened upon your blog (don't ask me how, I think he has way too much time on his hands right now) and he thought there would be less of a creepy-stalker factor if I left a comment instead of him. I hope you don't mind us taking a peek at your totally awesome blog, love the pictures and your kids are so cute! You havn't aged a day since we last saw you, how do you do it?
I'm so glad he has G-ma Bracken to tell him the facts and his Daddy to make a permanent impression! ha ha - loved it!
That is AWESOME. NOthing like putting the fear in the little ones ha ha ha. I had it in Olivia's head when she was 4 that if she lies a lil red light went off on her forehead that only I could see. After I always knew she was lying because she would walk around covering her forehead...only worked for a month but the laughs were worth it.
Post a Comment