Here is just a sampling of the some of the interesting conversations we have with Alex:
Alex:
"Why is tomorrow Auntie Toots's birthday?" (He calls my sister Auntie Toots.)
"Because September 13th is the day she was born. Just like you were born on Nov. 4th."
"Oh. When is Heavenly Father's birthday?"
"Now, that I don't know."
"Oh. What kind of cake will he have at his birthday?"
"Hmm, I don't know that either."
"Oh. When we die can we ask him?"
"Yes, but let's not die for a long long time, OK?"
"Ok. When we die will we have dark brown skin?"
"I don't think so. Does Olivia have dark brown skin?"
"Yes."
"Is she going to die?"
"No."
Jake:
"Maybe he thinks we'll all die from melanoma."
I'm not sure, but I think the dark brown skin comment comes from the fact that we just watched Testament on Sunday and there are a lot of pseudo South-Americans in the movie and they got to see Jesus, so he must have made that connection somehow.
1 comment:
Can you tell my punkin that I am rootin for dark brown skin when I die...I think that will be God blessing me becuase I was so faithful with putting sun screen on. I love my Alex so so so much! Tell him I can not wait to fly a kite with him tonight! Love Auntie TOOTS
Post a Comment