Seriously, what happened between here...

and here...?

My baby went to pre-school today and had a marvolous time. I just can't fathom that he's big enough for this milestone. I am so proud and anxious to see him progress and move forward, and at the same time spinning because time has gone by so fast. It is the age old emotion. Ever since the days when Olga's son built his first fire and clubbed his first small animal, mothers have wrestled with the conflicting emotions of overwhelming pride and heart-wrenching sadness. What happened to our adorable babies who would never sleep throught the night or use the potty? THey are now wearing backpacks and going to preschool??? I
will tell you what Olga whispers to me from the dust; savor every moment now. I want to remember every word, every song, every question, no matter how repetitive. Because before I know it he will be in Kindergarten, and I just don't know if I can take it.
Here is Seth telling us about the letter "S".

I swear he is.
And here are Seth and Alex climbing the wall...the rock wall that is. (they climbed the other kind of wall, too but I didn't get pictures)

Alex looking way too big, despite the oversized backpack.

Alex and Frankie playing on the swings old-school.

It really was awfully fun. I just hope Alex can follow the minimum rule of not hurting other kids...not because he's mean, but just because he has to be physical sometimes. It was really great to hear about that particular rule and then walk in on hime slugging Seth time and time again. (Who, incidentally, didn't mind in the least. I'm sure he was planning his next attack.)
1 comment:
oh, who is that dashing young man with the mohawk and striped shirt???
I love the idea of the birth photo and the backpack photo. Good stuff.
And by the way, I have one in Kindergarten, and she went to two years of preschool, and it was still hard, all over again!
Post a Comment