Monday, September 10, 2007

Sick Day

Lily woke up with a fever this morning, and it was, shall I just say...really really sad. She woke up looking like this...








And a sadder girl you never did see. In reality, the hardest part of the day was the point at which she started to feel better but still couldn't be more than 2 inches away from mom or her blanket, else she would collapse and melt into a giant pile of 14 month old agony. And to think, just yesterday we were at church and she was walking up a storm. I thought that by today she would be walking all over the place, but it seems as if she will wait to feel better before she starts running races with Alex.



In other news: The boys came over today with a pile of scrap-wood and announced that they needed nails, glue, and paint, as they were making skim boards. We can add this to the ever-growing list of ways that Alex is just like his Old Man:

Here are the boys making their first skim boards.


I know they don't look very, I don't know, skimmy, but not a bad try. I think these are, in fact, negatives of a homemade skim board.















Before I get reported to some government agency designed to protect children from their grossly neglegent parents, let me clarify that I did not provide them with nails or a hammer. Only paint.



Which may or may not have contained lead.

No comments: