Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Today

Is it not an absolutely stellar day today? Completely gorgeous! I think it's probably 85 degrees with a slight breeze...and you know what that means? The kids can play outside! It's perfect weather. The stuff perfect childhoods are made of.

And can I just say that I live in such an awesome neighborhood? All of Alex's friends are so great. I think about that sometimes when I ponder the circumstances that brought us here. Totally random. We're not the kind of people who say; "Hey, let's buy this house that makes no sense for us!" But, we did. And after just a couple of short years of wondering if I was completely out of my mind, I'm finally at peace with it, and suddenly everything has fallen into place. I think Alex benefits most from the move. His friends are so good for him in so many ways. And I just love it when they all come over and for an hour or so my house is totally full. That's just pure goodness. (And I'm only being partly sarcastic.) I love how Carter comes in, removes his boots, puts them away, and hangs his hat...in the same place...every time.



And how Jordan literally strikes a pose to freeze when I tell him to freeze for a picture.



And, I think most of all, I love the multitudes and multitudes of pictures I have from this summer, just like this one, of good friends eating Popsicles.

That's just really, really good stuff.

1 comment:

Amy Hummel said...

Yeah... Jocelyn doesn't have any friends because out neighborhood sucks. We do have one little boy (about 3) that lives next door. Jocelyn, Kate, Calvin and him play nicely together. But he's only home in the evening. His mom is a single mother... living with her mother... and the boy is in daycare all day. Poor situation really. So, at least my kids are old enough to play with each other really well...

sigh...