Wednesday, May 14, 2008

my yard today







Yep. They're BACK! I noticed the birds building a nest a few days ago but I haven't wanted to jinx it. I've been leaving them alone completely. But early this morning I couldn't resist going out and snapping a few. He probably didn't even hear me over the chirping of all the other birds.
This is the best time of the day. It only lasts about an hour or so (before the sun comes up) but it's so magical to me. I love watching the world wake up. I thank being a runner for that. If I weren't a runner in a hot desert, I would never have the discipline to wake up so early, and I would never realize how beautiful the world really is.
OK, now I'm rambling.
Time to go be productive.



4 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah for the birds! I envy your strawberries. They look great! When I watered the garden this morning, one of my cherry tomatoes is orange. Yeah!

April said...

all right my dear! Let's talk about your lens in those first two pics - gorgeous! I just found out that my camera body sucks and any lens upgrades I get will have to be manual focus (boo!!!)
We have bird issues at my house - all last summer they kept falling out of their nests (like 3 a day!) and it would stress me out and upset me so we have to figure something out this year, I don't know what!

SarahCeleste said...

Those are so beautiful... Seeing strawberries growing always reminds me of Grandma Huey in CA. She was always there when they were becoming ripe and we would walk to the side garden early in the morning and admire them and all the snails out for their morning romp. Then pick them in the afternoon and eat them warm. Thanks for them memory. Lovely photos my talented beautiful and smart sis.

Chrystal said...

so great! those pics put me in such a good mood - just pretty, beautiful, peaceful pics!