Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I wish I could say that no grasshoppers were harmed...

But I just don't think I can in good conscience.




We went up to East Bench above Hurricane to check out Jake's project and it was so GREEN! I've been loving this slightly cool summer we've been having these last couple of months and I've been trying to enjoy it as much as possible. I know it's days are numbered...soon to be replaced by oppressive, stagnating heat. So I was glad I brought my camera. I bet some of these plants haven't bloomed for years...just waiting for the right conditions. I love that about the desert. Even in the scorching heat there is life right under your feet just biding it's time until things are just so.And Hannah found herself a little friend.These grasshoppers were everywhere. With every step you could see them scatter.


But apparently one was not fast enough.Seth showing me his awesome stick. (And, yes, he is beating me with the awesome stick. That's how come I'm so awesome.) What is it about boys and sticks?Cotton, baby.And yes, that is dirt in Homeboy's mouth. What is it about boys and dirt?Makaty Maksquishy Mak-thinks-she's-mine.

It's true. She loves me. I have a gift. And one more of these...just for good measure.

*edited* Here are those other pictures, Megan. I meant to put them in but I somehow skipped over them when I was uploading.

Looking at them here makes me feel like they could use a bit more tweaking, personally. Let me know if you want them and I'll tweak.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Oh yeah! I love that first shot...someday...when she's on Fear Factor or Survivor...we can show that picture...

I love all of these shots...amazing. It was beautiful picture taking time! And I'm so glad my kids got to be part of it...even if they did put their weirdest foot forward.

What do you expect?

p.s. How did that one of hannah NOT being weird turn out...you know, that first one, with the wind blowing her hair, and the light shining through it?

Jamie said...

Very nice. Would you be willing to shoot my family out at the sand dunes? (I mean take pictures, not kill and leave us in the desert.) I've wanted a family picture for a while that shows how much we love and spend time at Sand Hollow. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

What great pictures, you are so talented.

Chrystal said...

GORGEOUS Pictures! Love the adventures in the desert!

Angie said...

Yes, beautiful camerapersonship! That Hannah is something. I think by her age I was thinking grasshoppers were gross, and unfortunately, I still feel that way, but I wish I were more like Hannah there.