Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Seattle part one. day one. act one.

I am the luckiest girl in the world...


So lucky to grow up where I did, when I did, and with these girls...

Auburn girls Like my big picture? I just altered the entire layout of my blog so this one picture would fit. So be sure to admire it.


Thank you Amanda for giving us a great weekend in Seattle! Thanks for letting us be an influence on your children (not everyone would), for driving us all over Seattle (Just like Auburn), and for letting us yell, "Let me be your bicycle seat!" to unsuspecting cyclists at random.

It was just like old times...minus April hanging her bra out of the car window, the stalking of hot males, and I'm pretty sure no one stole anything at Denny's.

Other than that, just like old times!



We didn't waste any time digging through old photographs...And we saw some sights...ooops, how'd this get in here?I seem to remember a similar one from my wedding reception pictures. Remember those desposable cameras we put everywhere? This really narrows it down for me. Thank you.

If you at all shy away from slightly suggestive photographs, you might want to just scroll on past this next one...This seriously crazy woman was dancing to the curb-side entertainment at the Space Needle.The sign to the right of her reads, "WOW, it's made in Seattle."



Indeed.If you look closely, you'll see that she's a little cross-eyed. This picture was taken around the time she bore her testimony to us about the benefits of dance and being free. These people were everywhere. It was awesome.Amanda took us to this garden in the middle of the city.This is Pikes Place. All the fruits, vegetables and flowers were amazing!Oh, and the potholders... I so would have bought this if I didn't think I'd have to explain it to Alex and Lily. I can't wait until I'm old and eccentric.Ok, so April thought it's be really cool to slide in on a picture that this guy was taking of this other guy, so a few minutes later, guess who came to find us wanting an encore?Look how excited they are to get a picture of the cute red-headed American? (Carl, it's best if you stop reading now.)





Oh creapy...Here are Sarah and April trying desperately to fit in to the culture in downtown Seattle.And this is...well, I don't know what we're doing here.Every now and then I would find a cool wall and I'd grab someone for a picture. Seattle is the best city to take pictures in. There is something interesting everywhere you go.Then we went to the movies (I highly reccomend Get Smart. It was hilarious) and then Denny's for old times sake. OK. That was just one day.



We will resume the adventures of "Crazy Camera Lady Let Loose in Seattle" tomorrow.



Or sometime soon.



I have lots of emberrassing pictures.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Beka!! I can't believe you posted pictures of April's cleavage...
Your pictures are amazing. I had such a wonderful time, it makes me smile even thinking about it!

Love ya!!

April said...

If only my cleavage was still that cleavy. However, i would like to declare that I am heterosexual and happilly married. The suggestive pictures just sort of ...happened. My children are a little confused after looking at what we did. And, the ugly muffin top fatty picture of me is sufficient pay-back. I probably won't be wearing that outfit again after seeing those pics. Thanks and i will mail it to you this week. Thanks for the great pictures and the great memories.

Jamie said...

Man that's A LOT OF PICTURES! Did you see Seattle through a lens? I love the doorway ones. The reflection of the temple in the bird bath was especially nice! Looks like a lot of fun!

Megan said...

very cool...I now see why it took a couple of days to get pictures up! Looks like a lot of fun...I am now trying to think of a way we could convince our husbands that we need a nerd girls trip...we just see each other too often...I bet we'd have a hard time getting them to see the necessity!

Amy Hummel said...

Those pictures are all so amazing and fun! Did you have your 1Ds or 20D. Just curious if you wanted to lug that bad boy around!!!

SarahCeleste said...

I am so glad you lugged that bad boy around...it was such an awesome trip! The shots you took are priceless! Man life is good isn't it???!!! Love you girls!

April said...

BEKA! So I love the pics - and the new blog layout! That green door is awesome! And I love the little yellow dotty dress and the starbucks and the pic of all the girls eating at the table outside... so much fun and so cute! I'm going on a girls vacation this weekend and I think we'll have to photojournal it like you did!