I love the way you help me look for Alex when I need him to come home. You follow me outside and shout, "Aaaalec, Aaaalec!"
I love the way you hand me a picture you've colored and say, "Pretty picture?"

I love the way you are so feminine, but you're not about to let a boy tell you girls can't do it.

I love the way you cover up everything you cherish with your special blanket, because that's what I do with you.
I love that look you always give me.
Even a few frames later...
And I love how you are starting to make new friends. The other day when we saw one of your nursery homeys on the street I thought you were going to hyperventilate, you were so excited.
And with all of this growing up you're doing, I'm glad you still love your special blanket, or "she she", as you affectionately call her. (We can't quite figure out if you're trying to say "blanket", or if you've given her a name.)
Because when you come up to me and say, "Here you go" and hand me your blanket, I know I'm going to get to wrap up and snuggle with the girl I cherish most in this world.
And I love how you are starting to make new friends. The other day when we saw one of your nursery homeys on the street I thought you were going to hyperventilate, you were so excited.
And with all of this growing up you're doing, I'm glad you still love your special blanket, or "she she", as you affectionately call her. (We can't quite figure out if you're trying to say "blanket", or if you've given her a name.)
Because when you come up to me and say, "Here you go" and hand me your blanket, I know I'm going to get to wrap up and snuggle with the girl I cherish most in this world. 
6 comments:
Um, I hate to break it to you, Beka, but she is looking O-L-D! And so cute. That last picture just killed me. She's at such a fun age.
Hey, Beka! How beautifully you described your little girl. I completely identify with you. Anyway, I was happy to see you there on my blog. Now that you mention it, "Battle Hymn" would've been a good song for Dan, but he's gotten into those old hick folk tunes since he got the banjo. Anyway, good luck with the garden. Our three pathetic tomato plants have already shriveled. It sounds like you enjoyed Phantom. We loved it.
So cute!!!
Maxine used to love a blankie that she called a "buh buh." Even when she was old enough to call her blankie by its correct name, she insisted on buh buh. I like your celery too! Kind of looks like a shamrock.
I Love this one and I totally agree with Megan...she is changing so fast!Growing up is so fun, and the "looks" get...better and better. GREAT SHOTS
I love the pictures you take! I'm especially in love with the header. Did you make the dress in the picture with the polo mallet? It's adorable. I'm always trying to find new ways to photograph my daughters in the clothes I make for the on my blog. Your site is inspiring.
Post a Comment