Thursday, August 28, 2008

casualties of war

We have 2 major battles at our house every single day.

The first is bedtime. Can I hear an Amen.

The second is getting Alex dressed. It's not so much a lazy thing as it is a power thing with him. There is always some kind of stall tactic,
i.e. "I can't get my shirts down" (that's a popular one), or "I have to go to the bathroom", or "Lily just walked outside" (thanks for leaving the door open). In any case, it is a major issue that we have every day, and today was no exception. So after he'd been in his room for a while and I asked, fulitly, once again if he was dressed, he shouted, "just a minute", and I have to admit I was hopeful until he came out like this. Shorts on his head, shirt on his legs. It was hilarity personified.

Thanks for making me laugh, buddy.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Maxine stalls when getting dressed too. There's always something she needs to do first. We haven't missed the bus for school yet but I know it's coming.

Barbara said...

Bedtime. As I read this Matthew is screaming outside my bedroom. He has to sit there (not lay down or even suck his thumb:( until he's done crying and is willing to go lay down on his bed nicely. And not get out again. . .and again. It is sooo sad. He screams, "Hug me!!" Wish me luck!!

Barbara said...

I just had to add--I just want to eat the chocolate I have stashed 10 feet from me. . .
He continues to scream, "Hug me, Mommy!!!!"
. . . . .

SarahCeleste said...

AMEN sister! But with comedy like that the struggle is worth it! And Barbara...you eat that chocolate...life is too short! THen at least your soul gets a little hug in the fact that you are a good mommies

Marcie said...

That is so funny! I love the way you write and decribe the events at your house. And I love your family pic on your blog, it looks so cool. Anyways nice job on your talk today, I think that was for me too! You always do an amazing job. 5 weeks til the marathon, you will rock it!