Wednesday, October 8, 2008

alex-isms

When asked if his mom did anything special over the weekend he replied in an unimpressed tone,

"She just ran a marathon".


After listening to some 1-year-old babble:


"Hey guys, Makaty knows Japanese!"


While reading a spooky Halloween book (the one we all read as kids with a bunch of short spooky stories in them...does "The Green Ribbon" ring any bells?) and saying nothing during all the gory spooky stuff, we got to one story where two people fell in love and got married, and he and Jordan both gagged and said, "eeeeeeewwwwwww!".


And while emptying his pockets today...


I know it's a horrible picture...
But as he pulled each wood chip, spring, and penny out he told me exactly where he'd gotten each thing. Some from preschool, some from the backyard, and some from Carters'.
I just love that boy.




3 comments:

Megan said...

Just to clarify...Alex said, "Dude, your sister speaks Japanese" which seems like a little detail, but somehow made it so much funnier to me!

And I have honestly taken a picture of Hannah's pocket contents before...at probably about the same age. So funny!

Megan said...

oh, and The Green Ribbon story was Hannah's absolute favorite from that book. It was right after she learned to read well, and she was showing her grandma how well she could read. My mom didn't see the cover of the book, she just listened with the grandmotherly smile on her face...until the final line when the chick's head falls off. I thought my mom would choke. It was a special moment!

SarahCeleste said...

I love the green ribbon story, I remember reading over and over and still getting spooked. That is so awesome! I love you Alex