Thursday, October 9, 2008

the boy's got wheels!

About a week ago Alex asked to have his training wheels removed from his bike. I figured He'd ask me to help him learn to ride it, but instead he would ask, "can I go ride my 2-wheeler?" and go outside by himself. He's been coasting it down our driveway with his feet in the air all week. But finally, today, the feet touched the pedals, and he self-propelled...

d.

And I get that he's not wearing a helmet...or SHOES for that matter, but like I said, he goes out on his own and just does it. By the time I realized he was out there he was riding it!

OK, that last sentence totally made me sound like a negligent parent. If you don't report me, I won't report you. Deal?

And to further my defense, (if in fact that was one,) we actually do have a helmet for him...and shoes, even, and I promise I will do my best to enforce their use in the future.That boy just has to do things his own way. I'm so proud!

Did I mention he has a loose tooth? I swear he's moving away to college next week.

***edited to add...***

Lily just pooped in the potty.

Go KIDS!!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

What a day! You must be the most successful parent ever! Wahoo!

SarahCeleste said...

I am so proud of them both! Loves and kisses to you

SarahCeleste said...

look at the concentration on Alex's face...what a kid...and why didn't you take a poop pic beka???

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

Hey hon, just wanted you to know I'm reading your blog! *evil laugh* I was so sad you didn't make it to Angie's thing last night, I would have loved to have seen you! It's been too long!
Debra
www.kdjacobson.blogspot.com