Wednesday, October 22, 2008

the wait is over!

I know you've all been on the edge of your seats awaiting the vacation pictures...well, wait no more. Before you is part one of a 3 part installment of "The Brackens go to Disneyland."

I give you...the beach.

This was a starfish we found. See it? Awwwe. Precious little starfish.
I think it was dead.When I say jump, he says, how much sand can I throw at your lens?
Lily was so mad that she couldn't hang on to the sand. Every time we'd almost make it off the beach, she'd have to run back for another handful. Eventually we told her to put some in her pocket, so the next time I changed her diaper guess what I found?? Some birds in a rare still moment because Lily couldn't stop chasing them. Remember that crazy fish girl from Finding Nemo?
Ya.
As soon as she figured out she could write in the sand.


She wanted to play in the ocean, but she didn't want the ocean to splash her. I'm afraid she was on the loosing end of that little negotiation.
Alex, on the other hand, couldn't get enough.


Our new family friend.

Chasing the birds





I think Jake was singing opera here.
He's looking at you...boring into your very soul. Stare into his eyes. Let the magic unfold.




8 comments:

Megan said...

love them! By the way, that is NOT the starfish that we watched getting tortured by our friend sea gull...it is not the same kind. Too bad...I thought we had a little beach connection there for a minute! Love the pictures! Can't wait to see the rest!

McKinna said...

LOVE the pics! we love the beach to! ;)

Chrystal said...

HOORAY! What a fabulous time! Let's go together some time! Our kids need some beach-fun again!

Jamie said...

Merril loves the beach. I hope your kids loved the ocean. It's so big!

Katie said...

How fun! Those pics are so nice.

Amy Hummel said...

Yes! I've been looking forward to them since your first post... about how you were going to post during your trip.

Sigh... they are awesome.

SarahCeleste said...

MARCH!!!! Lets go and lets spend most of the time at the beach! I love disneyland love love love it, but there is something magically about the beach! Love your pics Beka they look fantastic.

SarahCeleste said...

OOPS...Magical, not magically sorry